What is Software Integration and API Development?
Customers and suppliers now expect information immediately at their fingertips. An API (application programming interface) is a set of procedures, services and functions developed into many software packages and database systems today to provide immediate access to the data they hold.
Why would you need an API integration?
If your website or software package needs to access data from a third party or other piece of software, for example delivery costs from a courier, or credit/debit card authorisation details from a payment gateway provider, then you would need an API integration specialist.
Similarly, displaying local events on your website, sharing estate agent property listings with property portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla, or even integrating a Google map or flight information, APIs are the key to getting this data.
What we can do for you
There are hundreds of APIs out there provided by a multitude of companies, and of course there are dozens of ways they are implemented. Access to the data is usually by XML, JSON, SOAP, Rest, CSV, Text file or even an Excel Spreadsheet, all of which we have experience of developing.
We can also help you to develop your own API to allow access to your own data.
Our API integration services can help with:
- Access to Google maps data, providing Geo-location reports, plotting points, providing location and polygon searches
- Calculating postage and shipping costs from courier companies, whilst using postcode lookup services for accurate address entry and location data for distance calculations
- Providing SMS text marketing, notifications and reminders either in bulk or individually
- Securely taking Credit/Debit card details through payment gateway providers and bank systems
- Interface with property portals such as Rightmove, Zoopla and OnTheMarket, synchronising properties for sale or to let on your own website